Door Supervisor Course
Welcome to your course here at Zems Academy. We want you to get as much as you can from the course you are attending and to enjoy yourself while you are here. This instruction will allow you to plan your visit to us and give you general guidance. There is also useful information that will help you to plan your stay and other points of interest.
This award comprises 4 units:
Classes conducted in small groups with adults in the water. The little ones start their adventure in the water with the use of games and activities.
- Unit 1 – Principles of Working within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2 – Principles Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 3 – Application of Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 4 – Application of Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
Before you can start this course, you will need to have a valid First Aid certificate or equivalent. As part of this course, we offer all our students A FREE First Aid certificate. For this you will need to attend an extra day of First Aid training.
- Assisted back floating
- Full submersion from the wall
- Able to separate from the parent
Parking and Getting to the Centre:
There is on street parking. The centre is 600 yards from Tyseley Train Station.
We are also adequately served by buses for connection to most parts of Birmingham. The centre is also about 5 minutes’ walk from the 4/ 4A bus stop on Warwick Road.
- Invicta House, Warwick Road Birmingham B11 2JR
- Hot & Cold drinks machine and Water dispenser on site
- Hot and Cold drinks available from local amenities
Please ensure that your travel arrangements are made in good time, and you arrive on site before the course start time. If you experience any delays enroute then please contact us to let us know your estimated time of arrival.
On arrival, please report to the reception, to be directed to the training room.
Start and Finishing Times:
Start time for the course, will be 09.00hrs and finish at 18.00hrs daily.
We recommend that you arrive by 08:45hrs for the days training so you are not rushed, and have time for refreshments prior to course commencement at 09.00hrs. Late coming is not acceptable. You must attend all days for the required timings.
Learners must be able to communicate in English (oral and written) to a Level 1 standard.
Learners must be 18 or over to undertake this qualification and apply for the necessary SIA licence to work.
All candidates must understand that all test/ assessments can ONLY be taken in English therefore an understanding of Level 1 English must be insured.
Learners must have achieved the Level 3 RQF/QCF Emergency First Aid at Work EFAW
qualification or equivalent. First Aid certificates presented by learners must be valid for at least 12
months from the start date of their door supervisor training course. Zems will only accept regulated qualifications.
What to Bring:
- You will need to provide us with 2 x good-quality, passport-style colour photograph (45mm x 35mm)
- Identification as per Annex B.
- Writing implements. Notebook and pen – Whilst handouts are provided, self-written notes are always better for future reference.
- Water bottle.